Flea Market Finds


I've a had such fantastic week of fabulous finds this week. 
The suitcase pictured above was give to me on Mothers Day upon Adam's return from the Sunday Market. It also came with friends, a beautiful red one and a very old brown number.  The beautiful wool coat I got this morning from the Daylesford Market. I've been searching for so long for a plaid wool coat such as this, but they are always too big and heavy. This one is perfecto so I was very happy!


But not as happy as Adam was when he purchased this awesome 1930's light box for an absolute steal! It was difficult to photograph, but it's for eye testing and is set in the most beautiful dark wood box. It has an amazing adjustable aperture on the bottom right, with a light behind it. We are going to build it into our house plans somehow! 


During the week we went on a driving adventure and hit some great country oppies. We bought way too much to photograph, but I got this sweet shelf and all it's lovely contents. A selection of tins for the wedding, two lovely jugs and some french jars.

I am obsessed with this duck egg blue colour , especially when it's combined with red and I adore the circus vibe of this tin.


Duck egg blue again! I love the shape of the Bessemer jug and the pattern on the little Japanese jug is so lovely. At $1 and $1.50, who could say no?


Some great vintage kids books, which will be used for cards and tags and bunting.

 

My personal favourite is 'Honey without money' which has the most adorable illustrations. So sweet.


And this set of vintage memory cards, which I almost passed up, but I'm SO glad I didn't! I have all sorts of ideas of these little guys.

I also got an unused Polaroid camera, with a flash and film for just $15-! I'm so thrilled with this because I really want to be able to take some Polaroids at the wedding. All in all it's been a fantastic week of thrifting!! I hope yours was too ;)

You can check out more Flea Market Finds here....

Comments

  1. ALL of your finds intrigue me. but that optician's delight.... my!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love everything you have gotten!! How much fun you must have had shopping!! Thanks for sharing it with us...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness - so much treasure! Great finds - the opticians thingy is truly an object of the utmost kind and warrants pride of place in your home! Design the house around it I say!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow - that eye test thingy!

    and how sweet are those memory cards, they are a great find.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Love every single one of your finds! A great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good work! The coat is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow such a great load of finds go you the coat is a bute!!!!

    http://misstracianderson.blogspot.com/2010/05/happy-sunday-yall-my-library-is-firm.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Tania, didn't you have a fab week??? Wow, that coat is a winner, how snug and gorgeous. All the kinds of finds I love, the op shop road trip sounds like a beauty! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucky! lots of lovely loot....I think the shelves are excellent. And the coat and suitcases are definately the type of thing I would go for. I also have those memory cards - some very cute illustrations amongst them. As for the light box wow! a truly unique find.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh wow what treasures! i love your suitcase and that eye-testing light box, it certainly make a statement!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Such glorious finds! I am looking for some tins myself at the moment but no joy...Yours are gorgeous and totally agree with the duck egg blue and red colour combination, fabulous! Also the light box is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great finds! Please show all of your treasures next time; it never bores me to see what other people buy. You mention a wedding; I'm going to have to back track your posts to catch up with your life.

    ReplyDelete
  13. PS, also stupidly jealous that you have a boy that likes to thrift, not fair!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That light box is amazing!

    Very envious of your bargain Polaroid :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am having serious suitcase envy, how awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It really was a great week! I just love the light box more and more each time I look at it and I wore my new coat on my lake walk this morning and it was all I dreamed it would be....lol!
    Thanks for your wonderful comments!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow!!
    LOVE the plaid coat and everything else you found: that light box wow again!!. I have seen those memory cards on some other blogs: they look awesome.
    Super finds, I wanna go opshopping soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That light box is nothing short of phenomenomal! I am so jealous. Everything else is great but that takes the cake. The oppy gods were certainly shining down upon you. xxNIck

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely gorgeous finds - especially the vintage memory cards!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts and ideas and comments are marvelous! Thank you.

Popular Posts