My Creative Space...

In my creative space today- the wedding cake topper. I've put together a little assemblage for my little vintage bride & groom to nestle in.


I flocked the the base (two bits of cardboard box) using the technique Kirsty blogged about a while back (here). Cardboard was my choice for the base because it's light and I could wire my bits and bobs to it. I thought it turned out okay... until...


Disaster struck! Poor mini Adams lost his head! Like, for real! Oh dear do you think this is a bad omen? Adam thinks I can just glue it back on, but it seems kinda wrong, ya know? I mean I'm not normally superstitious, and if a broken ceramic head can be the death of us then maybe we best not get married, but still it feels wrong somehow.

Okay, the truth is, I actually cried when his head fell off. I mean, my poor dearest love of my life lost his head bloody head! What does it mean? Does it mean anything or was it just a stupid accident?

Comments

  1. just remind yourself that things usually happen for a reason. maybe you will find or someone is going to give you another cake topper that you like even more than the now, broken one. I would have cried too....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh bummer. But you did a great job of it all. I think you will find something you like better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your cake topper was super cute. I'm sorry his head broke off. If you're anything like me, though (and by that I mean a TOTAL klutz), you're used to things breaking and have PLENTY of super glue around the house! :)

    It'll be alright.

    ReplyDelete
  4. if it's for you it won't pass you... i think something else will fall into your hand's soon, either that or something will just our at you and you'll know it's the one xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Adam, glue his head back on! It sucks walking around headless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Dear! I am not usually superstitious and I would have cried too, you had done a super job. I think it is much better that his head fell off now rather than on the day and I think something else will be along to replace it that you will like better. Go with the flow :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh you are just too cute. i am sorry to hear that his head fell off but i just take it as though it wasn't meant to be. you're going to find something even more amazing to use so keep your eye out and power through! no more tears...i'm a total cry baby though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well in the name of not being wasteful I've been convinced to glue his head back on. A bit of paint and you won't even be able to tell. I'm giving superstition the finger! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. thats the prettist little cake topper you made,just stick his head back on and it will always have a cute story behind it

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts and ideas and comments are marvelous! Thank you.

Popular Posts