More paper folding...


Are these not divine?
I'm constantly amazed by the beautiful things you can make from paper, the simplest of materials. I found these on etsy while searching for inspiration on paper lanterns... one of the things I'm having difficulty working out how to do second hand or handmade.


I'm thinking of using those big round rice paper lanterns mixed with tissue pom poms in the roof of the marquee, but where to get a whole bunch of them second hand? I mean I'm hardly going to make 30 giant paper lanterns! Does anyone have any left over from their wedding? lol.


Anyway, back to the star lanterns, after much searching I found a great tutorial here. So I'm going to have a go at making some and hopefully I will find some tea lights in the oppie!

Comments

  1. I realize you're in Australia, but there's brideshare.net here in the States. Its a site where brides can share vendors, if they're in the same area. But they also sell their wedding stuff afterwards on there. Have you checked out anything like that where you are? You might be able to buy someone's barely-used paper lanterns. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did find a site that did secondhand wedding dresses and they had a decor section, which made me very excited, but it had nothing in it! I shall have to do more searching I think.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts and ideas and comments are marvelous! Thank you.

Popular Posts