On Safari...


Last weekend was Mr Lovely's 40th Birthday & I threw him a surprise party!
 He had decided to postpone his 40th celebration until he could have it in our house (which we thought we'd be in by now!) - so the surprise element worked perfectly as he wasn't feeling bad about 'nothing' happening for his big day. It was so cute to hear him explaining to his friends that no he wasn't doing anything, and knowing that they knew that he was doing something! The party was 'Safari' themed to pay homage to my mans love of a good safari suit and that there is the most amazing cake ever- created by my good friend Tara. My god, it was so lifelike! Absolutely amazing.


So for the past month I've been busy secretly and meticulously planning out every detail and trying to keep it all secret. I tell ya, it was SO hard. Every day I just wanted to tell him all about what I was doing, it almost killed me. I was so on edge by the final week and I was sure he knew what was going on. I'd almost put my foot in it so may times, surely he suspected something. I lured him out the designated location where 100 of his friends and relatives were waiting in a darkened room, all dressed to the nines in Safari gear and as this photo can attest, he had no idea!! That moment was absolute gold.
I cried. And I don't cry often.


The costumes were amazing! Everyone made such an effort and we were blown away by the awesomeness of our friends. We love you all. So many people helped to make it a night to remember and I am so grateful to all the wonderful peeps who put their creative mark on the evening. It was so beautiful to be able to dedicate this celebration to my dear husband 'cause he really is one hell of a bloke!


Check out that mosquito costume! Amazing.
Thank you everyone who came, helped, created and partied to the break of dawn.
We may be getting older but we certainly still know how have a bloody good time!

xx t

Comments

  1. What a great party! You have amazing friends...I don't think mine would go for that lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. It truly was the most greatest, wonderful, fantastic surprise of my life . . . . ever. I've never been to any sort of a surprise party before - so to be at your own and have it be the first time was amazing.

    Thankyou so much to my friends and family from Melbourne and Daylesford who made the evening a night I will never forget. Everyone put such an amazing effort into their costumes and to keep everything under wraps. Thanks too for the after party house and the associated craziness.

    Thanks to St. Mel for coming down to spin CD's and to Tara for the most amazing cake I have ever seen.

    BUT THE BIGGEST THANKS GO TO MY GORGEOUS WIFE . . . .

    Tania, my lovely: my 40th is second only to our wedding as the most memorable of nights. You organised so much, skillfully raided our bank accounts, kept a hoard of secrets and invited all of the folks I love to spend time with.

    Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou with all of my heart. I love you. Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so lovely darling. You deserved all of it :)
      xxx t

      Delete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts and ideas and comments are marvelous! Thank you.

Popular Posts