Spring clean makeover time...


Apparently winter is over, though I don't think the weather man here in Mordor got the memo- it's freezing today! We did have one sunny day though, which inspired me to embark on a huge spring clean of our bedroom. Once I started, I couldn't stop. It was filthy in there- the duvet cover has big rip in it, the pillows were old and ewwww, there were piles of no longer used/wanted items everywhere. So I decided on a complete makeover. All or nothing I say. Your bedroom should be a tranquil place of refuge right? Well, we just moved the last baby (sounds like I have 10...) into his own room, so refuge it is. A refuge from the growing mass of toys and art supplies, the piles of washing, the lego creation zone and the cubbies I absolutely can not destroy. I'm thinking clean, simple, uncluttered. I'm thinking black, white and grey. Oh and I don't want to spend much and would prefer not to buy anything 'new'.


First I ditched our old 70's solid wood bedside tables for something lighter. I painted two chairs black- the beautiful old bentwood chair that our son had committed to death by swinging (hereby ending Mr Lovely's need to yell at him every dinnertime, bonus!) and a chair I found laying randomly outside in need of some glue. The extra height they added made me think we needed a bedhead, which we don't have. So instead I made the heart shaped collage (above) using a mixture of photos I liked from pinterest & photos of us, printed on our little home photo printer and stuck on with some grey washi tape.

So now we need lamps (I'm hoping for timely cheap vintage find), and a new duvet cover. Off to scour the internets for a drastically reduced washed belgian linen one, in grey please...

Comments

  1. I know the feeling of wanting to declutter, I am going through that at the moment, but am also swapping 2 bedrooms around. It's such a big job, but it will be worth it in the end!
    Enjoy your 'new' room!
    Rach x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tania - where do you find your energy!! Impressed!
    Still on for Friday?
    Mika x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts and ideas and comments are marvelous! Thank you.

Popular Posts