Hello sewing, old friend...




After a couple of weeks of creative avoidance (mostly involving pinterest), I have finally recovered from my mammoth sculptural knit-off and am re-entering the realm of  the stitching bitch. Starting with these two custom orders I finished yesterday. Sigh. I do love custom orders- I find creating that much more enthralling when stitching with a real life person in mind. If I know the person, as I did with the first, it's an obvious pleasure (I chuckled at all the times I remember her requesting this song at parties...) and if I don't, I spend my time imagining what they look/sound/act like judging from just their name. I imagine lovely little scenarios where the item I'm creating may play an important role. Kind of like imagining stories to explain peoples demeanor and being in restaurants- do you do that? One of my favorite pass times!



So while I'm on a roll snipping little golden triangles I thought I'd have a crack at joojing (I googled it and apparently that is how you spell it...) up this dress I found reecntly at the op-shop. It had a crazy big pouffy sleeve on one side, which was so not my style. I've cut it but haven't quite resolved that particular issue. I think I'll do a row of triangles along the bottom hem too. If I works out, I might be able to wear it to the wedding we have coming up. If it works out that is. I'm not entirely sure my amateur dress making skills stretch to sewing velvet or to competently remaking a sleeve, but you gotta give things a go right? 

Comments

Popular Posts